Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Saturday, April 6, 2013 from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
Come discover what it takes to keep your own honeybees. This lecture covers a basic introduction to bees, beekeeping and honey production. These pollinators can help your garden thrive! Topics covered will also include fundamentals of beekeeping, the basic parts of a bee hive, how to properly wear a beekeeping suit, and honey extraction. You can then take this knowledge to purchase your own bees and equipment and establish your own hive. Taught by Jeffrey Warnock who has been a beekeeper in our area for 20 years, He has helped friends and families start their own bee colonies.
Best to order your honey bees in time for the class.
When & Where
Common Ground Garden Supply and Education Center
Creating Abundance in Community
- hands-on classes and events in organic gardening and sustainable lifestyles
- seeds and plant starts - hundreds of edible, medicinal, native and ornamental varieties
- organic composts, fertilizers and mulches - a broad selection
- tools and natural disease and pest control products - the highest quality
- books, magazines, cards, and gift items
- volunteer opportunities and new friends.